Inflammation Pharmacology welcomes submissions of the following article types: Book Review, Case Report, Correction, Data Report, Editorial, General Commentary, Hypothesis and Theory, Methods, Mini Review, Opinion, Original Research, Perspective, Protocols, Review, Specialty Grand Challenge and Technology Report.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Inflammation Pharmacology, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Articles published in the section Inflammation Pharmacology will benefit from the Frontiers impact and tiering system after online publication. Authors of published original research with the highest impact, as judged democratically by the readers, will be invited by the Chief Editor to write a Frontiers Focused Review - a tier-climbing article. This is referred to as "democratic tiering". The author selection is based on article impact analytics of original research published in all Frontiers specialty journals and sections. Focused Reviews are centered on the original discovery, place it into a broader context, and aim to address the wider community across all of Pharmacology.
Call For Papers
The Journal of Inflammation Research is indexed online:
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), from 2016
- PubMed and PubMed Central (J Inflamm Res)
- Embase, from 2010 (Correct as at December 8, 2016)
- Scopus, from 2010 (Correct as at December 8, 2016)
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- OAIster - The Open Access Initiative
What is the advantage to you of publishing in the Journal of Inflammation Research?
- It is an open access journal which means that your paper is available to anyone in the world to download for free directly from the Dove website.
- Although the Journal of Inflammation Research receives a lot of papers, unlike many traditional journals, your paper will not be rejected due to lack of space. We are an electronic journal and there are no limits on the number or size of the papers we can publish.
- The time from submission to a decision being made on a paper can, in many journals, take some months and this is very frustrating for authors. The Journal of Inflammation Research has a quicker turnaround time than this. Generally peer review is complete within 4-7 weeks and the editor’s decision within 2-14 days of this. It is therefore very rare to have to wait more than 9 weeks for a final decision.
- Many authors have found that our peer reviewer’s comments substantially add to their final papers.
To recover our editorial and production costs and continue to provide our content at no cost to readers we charge authors or their institution a publication processing fee.
The Journal of Inflammation Researchis indexed on PubMed Central (title abbreviation: J Inflamm Res). All published papers in this journal are submitted to PubMed for indexing straight away.
Become a Favored Author and receive real benefits
If you haven't already joined the Dove Press Favored Author Program I would encourage you to do so. Why? To receive real benefits like fast-tracking and a personal co-ordinator for your paper, as well as a discount on the publication processing fee.
Click here to go through to the Favored Author signup page, you'll just need to supply the working title of your next paper and when you intend to submit by.
Professor Ning Quan
Journal of Inflammation Research